Friday, January 1, 2016

"No resolutions this year, just goals."

"No resolutions this year, just goals." - Joe Hinson

A fellow photographer friend of mine posted this on Facebook on New Years Eve and it immediately struck a chord with me.

While 2015 was a relatively productive year photography wise, it was the year I spent the least amount of time shooting since 2006, what I consider the beginning of my "good photography" (when I started driving/upgraded my camera to a DSLR). The end of the year was especially slow after getting a promotion at work that kept me from having any free time in daylight from November until now. The main reason, I suspect though, is that 2015 was the first full year I spent living at home since 2010. It wasn't a new or exciting place to explore like I had been used to for 4 years. There was no motivation to shoot the same ol', same ol'. Obviously, that was a terrible way of looking at it because I missed out on a lot. I will still be at home in 2016 but with a much different mindset: capture what I haven't done locally before it disappears and recapture some things that might have changed within the last 5 years. That brings us to the title of this post before doing a little review of 2015. 2016 will be the year to have goals and reach them or at least try as hard as possible to get to as many as I can in 365 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment