Friday, March 25, 2011

A Neat (Read: Nerdy) Observation

Amidst all the hoopla of BNSF 8647 being 'in town' this week, I came across something I find very interesting. I've taken over 400,000 total photos since going digital in 2004 with about 250-300K being of railroad subjects. Because of this, coincidences are bound to happen such as shooting the same locomotive in different places or shooting locomotives with the same number such as BRW 752 and WW 752 (both GP9s) which is exactly what I realized yesterday while going through the shots of 69Qs power. The consist for the trip west (and was for the trip east) would be NS 9581, BNSF 8239 and BNSF 9647. Hmm, NS 9581, just so happens to share the number of my favorite engine, BDRV 9581. I kept thinking about how cool that is and then I thought about it some more. While they were wying the power, I shot NS 9581 on the PRS and CCS diamond. When BDRV 9581 was on the Winchester & Western I had shot that on a diamond as well in Vineland. So, that means I have a shot of two different 9581s going across different diamonds both in New Jersey.


It may not be the most fascinating thing in the world but its just another thing that makes the hobby fun. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment